(updated June 2018)
Waitte’s Insurance values your privacy
Respecting Your Privacy
Waitte’s Insurance may collect information about you, and your use of the Site, in several different ways:
- User Submitted Data is information you personally elect to contribute, such as your name and address, whether by means of typing the information into a submission form, providing information in a telephone call with an agent, or otherwise;
- Browser Derived Data is information we collect from your use of the Site - for example, the fact that you are accessing the Site using a smartphone; and
- Third Party Data is information we obtain about you from third party sources - for example, accident or credit reports (where permitted) detailing your accident or credit history.
User Submitted Data
User Submitted Data is information that identifies you as an individual, such as your name, postal address, email address, and home and/or wireless telephone numbers. This information is typically collected from you when you visit the Site and submit an application for an insurance quote or other product from us, one of our insurance carrier partners, or one of our third party partners. User Submitted Data also includes information we obtain from you by phone, a mobile application, by email, a service provider, or by any other means. If you provide information to us about others, we will only use the information provided for the specific reason for which it is provided.
We may use User Submitted Data for several purposes, including to:
- provide a requested service or product, including an insurance quotation
- respond to your questions
- send you information about the Company and its products and services
- send you information regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, and/or other administrative information
- provide you with email updates and announcements concerning our products, promotions and programs and to send you invitations to participate in special programs
- re-contact you if we have not heard from you in a while
- send you advertising/promotional material from our partners
- personalize your experience on the Site by presenting products and offers tailored to you
- assist with our business purposes, such as analyzing and managing our businesses, audits, developing new products, improving our services and products, gauging customer satisfaction and providing customer service (including troubleshooting in connection with customer issues), and better the user experience on the Site, such as enhancing our website, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and tailoring the Site experience and content based on your past activities on the Site.
As noted above, in certain situations we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests from public or government authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, your safety, or the safety of others, or to investigate fraud.
User Submitted Data you provide through the Site, to our agents, or otherwise may be combined with other information you provide to us (via online or offline means), with demographic information and other information that is publicly available, or with other information about you that we may otherwise obtain online or offline.
We may disclose User Submitted Data to:
- our insurance carrier partners and their agents and affiliates that play a role in an insurance transaction with you
- third party service providers that provide services for us such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, tracking, auditing services and other similar services, in each case to enable them to provide such services
- third-party strategic partners with whom we may enter into a special relationship
- identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Site or otherwise, and a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings)
The parties with whom we share your User Submitted Data – for example, our insurance carrier partners - may in turn share that information with others in order to generate quotations and policies and information relevant to the products you have requested and otherwise fulfill transactions with you. They may contact you directly at the phone number(s) or email address(es) you provide to collect additional information, answer questions, complete transactions or provide you with information about other products and services, even if you have registered the phone number(s) provided on local or national Do Not Call lists.
Other institutions with which we do business also may obtain User Submitted Data from us and use it to provide possible product offerings to you based on the information you provide.
Browser Derived Data
Browser Derived Data is information that is not submitted by you but that is instead provided by or results from your access and use of the Internet and an Internet browser to connect to the Site. Browser Derived Data includes without limitation browser specific information, IP address, Internet Service Provider or “ISP” information, server log file information, referring/exit pages, date/time stamps, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, and location information.
We receive Browser Derived Data by your access to the Site, including in the following manner:
- Certain information is collected by most internet browsers, such as MAC address, type of computer, operating system details, browser software details, screen resolution, and whether it is a mobile device.